Friday, March 20, 2009

Mardi Gras Mini Book



I was just having a little fun with my Bind It All and some more Paper Temptress cardstock. I wanted something a little bright and funky. Those that know me KNOW this is way out of my comfort zone...lol!!! Anyway, it being Mardi Gras time around where I live I couldn't think of a better way to showcase this cardstock. I used the Golden Glow Metallic cardstock. I took two 4x4 chipboard coasters and traced them onto the cardstock and trimmed them to size. I then took my typeset uppercase alpha to make the letters in elegant eggplant ink. The ink doesn't show up real clear in my pic...it looks black for some reason. I'm still learning this new camera...lol! So after those were completed I set them aside to dry. I took some regular index cards and trimmed them to size. I used the side with the lines to make it easier to write notes on. You can use how ever many you like but make sure your wires are large enough to accomodate them. After the ink was dry, I used my BIA to punch the holes into the coasters and the inside pages. I inserted my coil and closed it. I didn't have the brighter ribbon colors so I had to improvise...lol! I then added some elegant eggplant and some hunter green ribbon to the wires and the clear rhinestones to the corners. My project is now complete. This can go in your purse (how many of us need to jot something down and can never seem to find paper when we need it???LOL!!!) or given as a gift.

Supplies Used
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
CS: PT Golden Glow, Index Cards (reg. ones you can buy at WalMart)
Sets: Typeset Uppercase Alpha
Ribbon: Elegant Eggplant and Hunter Green 1/4" gorsgrain
Acc: BIA, Clear Rhinestones


You can find the Golden Glow cardstock here....

No comments:

Post a Comment