Friday, March 20, 2009

Golden Anniversary Gift



I wanted to make something really simple that can be given for a 50th Anniversary gift. This was really easy to make. I found a pkg of chipboard postcards at my LSS. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them but I knew I wanted to make something. I traced 2 postcards onto the Paper Temptress Retro Gold Glossy Lustre cardstock and trimmed them to size. I punched 2 holes in one end about 1/4" inch from the edge to make the top on each one. I used the negative part of a chipboard heart, covering it in gold ink. I also took 10 sheets of cream colored cardstock, cut them to size for the inside pages and punched the holes the same as the postcards. I cut some 1/4" cream (ivory or vanilla will work) colored grosgrain ribbon, threaded it through the postcards and pages, added some cream colored bridal flowers from Michael's and voila! finished. It didn't take very long to make. The longest part was waiting for the gold ink to dry on the negative chipboard piece.

Supplies used
Ink: Rubber Stampede Gold
CS: PT Retro Gold Glossy Lustre
Ribbon: 1/4" ivory/vanilla grosgrain
Acc: Ivory bridal flowers from Michael's, CAD, negative heart CB piece

You can find the Retro Gold Glossy Lustre here....

No comments:

Post a Comment