Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Flowery Tote Bag


I have been really wanting to try one of these. I see lots of them posted in Split Coast Stampers galleries and on blogs. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It is very simple to make. You can find a tutorial for this tote
here....

Thank you very much mcshamus75 (splitcoast stampers)for your template to make this tote.

Instead of using patterned paper on my tote I decided to use a flower stamp from the SU! set In Full Bloom (now retired). I stamped my flower randomly over the entire piece of cardstock with SU! Elegant Eggplant ink before I did any cutting or scoring. I used the Paper Temptress Grape Jelly Pop Tones for the tote. This is a really beautiful shade of purple!!!! Love it!!! There are a few colors that I am VERY picky about the shade and purple is definitely one of them! hehehehe It is also just the right thickness for altering projects or making totes, purses, etc... It isn't hard to crease, score or anything yet sturdy enough to hold cards in. Once I had my tote put together I used black 3/8" grosgrain ribbon for my handles. You can also use cardstock or ribbon going from front to back depending on how you want the finished product to look.

Supplies Used:
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant
CS: PT Grape Jelly Pop Tones
Sets: SU! In Full Bloom
Ribbon: 3/8" Black Grosgrain (from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts)
Acc: PC Swiss Dots EF

You can purchase the Paper Temptress Grape Jelly Pop Tones cardstock here...

No comments:

Post a Comment