Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grow With Love

Hope everyone's having great Tuesday! Well, I usually don't post anything personal on my blog but, the last few days have been really hard for me. I HAVE to quit smoking, I no longer have a choice in the matter. Now, that being said, I have never smoked in my house or my car. I have fought so hard to keep the second hand smoke from reaching my DS because I do NOT want him having any repercussions from my bad habit. Anyway, I got hit with some very disturbing news last Fri. I have emphysema! Now, my husband smoked (quit a little over a year ago) twice as much as me and longer, my mother smoked, dad....you get the picture. Nonetheless, I'm the one that ended up with this disease. Please!! don't get me wrong, I would NEVER wish emphysema on anyone. It just adds to the joke I have about my being cursed...lol. Anyway, I will learn to live with this and pray that I can watch my son grow up to adulthood and beyond. I see the pulomonologist a week from today to see where I stand. I am really praying, very hard that this is just a short stint into the disease and can slow the progression without a lot of added med's or anything like that. So.....now that I am trying to quit cold turkey (the last few days haven't been going so well), I'm hoping I can make lots of cards to keep my mind focused on something besides smoking (or sleeping all day...lol). I haven't been too fond of this color but I think it's growing on me ;) I believe that I am now down to maybe my last 10-12 sets that have not been opened yet...WHEW! I apologize for the long post but I just needed to get it out there and off my chest. Thanks for looking and have a blessed day! :)

Supplies Used:
Ink: PTI berry sorbet, momento black and bamboo leaves
CS: PTI white and berry sorbet
Stamps: PTI garden of life
Acc: KaiserCraft yellow pearls and PTI new leaf bitty dot ribbon

6 comments:

  1. You can do it!! It's not going to be easy or fun, but you can quit. I quit almost 4 years ago, cold turkey, after smoking for almost 20 years. I cried, I ate, but I didn't smoke:) It gets soooo much easier everyday!
    You can do it!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll make it through this journey....my FIL had the same thing happen to him, and he quit cold turkey. He's doing fine now...and you'll be too!

    PS..your card is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO IT!! And good for you that you have come to this crossroad and want to quit that is half the battle!! Your card is beautiful. Keep focus on all the beautiful creations that you make and take it one day at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all - YOU CAN DO IT, it really is a matter of will power, as long as you have made the decision to really do it you shouldn't have any problem. Good Luck.

    Beautiful Card BTW :O)

    ReplyDelete