Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Antique Store Finds!

Well, I went to my first antique shop today. I was so excited to find some tablecloths and these old clothespins!!!! I have been looking everywhere for the clothespins for some time now. I'm still hunting a nice vintage winter tablecloth and the old Pyrex stuff. I am so tired of using the plastic storage containers they make now. We're replacing it way too often for my taste! lol Being in this antique store brought back so many memories of going up north to visit my great, great grandparents growing up. When I was a teen (about 13-14ish) I remember having to sleep in the shed (it was like a very small house, not like the metal things we have now, just so ya know....lol). My great, great grandparents still lived like the old days. I remember the silver kitchen table with the formica top and the chairs, the old type fridges and especially the quilts. I thought they were kind of funky back then but now I'm understanding a lot more about the way they lived back then. I would give almost anything to find one of my old grandmother's quilts from those days! Well...enough of my chattering! lol If you happen to know any information about the tablecloths in the pic, PLEASE!!!! let me know. I have no idea how to begin researching this stuff. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful evening! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you love treasure hunting as much as I do. Wonderful finds.

    ReplyDelete