Sunday, April 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop!!


WHEW! I wasn't sure I'd make it in time but here it is!!!! This month's challenge for Papertrey Ink's April Blog Hop is....tissue paper!!!

This is something I've never tried before and is out of my comfort zone...lol. That being said, I absolutely LOVED making this!!! It was much easier than I expected. When I sat down at my desk, I wasn't sure what I wanted to make and just winged it. Mother's Day is coming up soon so I thought I would get a jump start on my cards. I took my tissue paper and folded it in half to get multiple cuts, ya know...just in case...lol. After making my die cuts, I put a small amount of adhesive on the back to hold it to my paper for stamping. Stamping the images was a little tricky but not too bad. After getting all of them stamped, I went back and colored my leaves and flower. I attached the rhinestones to the backs of my butterflies for a little extra color. I assembled my card and here's how it turned out. Thanks for looking and enjoy all the wonderful eye candy throughout the rest of the hop! :)

Supplies Used:
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Copics YG11 & YG13 (leaves), Y35 (dahlia center) and RV10 & RV13 (dahlia)
CS: Pti white and vellum (not linen)
Stamps: PTI Delightful Dahlias
Acc: Rhinestones, Tissue Paper, 2 Way Glue Stick, PTI Butterfly and Dahlia dies
Tech: die cutting

27 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Jada. I love the simplicity of this card....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very, very pretty, so dainty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the tissue paper challenge, pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is very delicate looking and the flower and butterflies are so pretty. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so soft and lovely!! I love the pretty butterflies you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So soft and pretty :) love it's delicateness...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those white butterflies with your gorgeous flower...super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so PRETTY!!!
    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card and lovely use of the tissue paper for the flower and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome CAS card!!! The butterflies are darlin'!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Thanks for reminding me about yet another Mother's Day sentiment I'd forgotten about!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So soft and delicate! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Dahlia! Colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete